Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

the drudges of living

My my, even though I was not born in the 80s and 90s, I feel entitled and should not have to deal with menial labor.  I have spent the last couple of days, when I was home dealing with cleaning, folding clothing and ironing.  I do not iron! but just have to do a bit of ironing of some spring clothing and in the chore of ironing I discover that I must embellish a few things,  I always cover imperfections including stains etc., with embellishments, since I cannot throw away perfectly good stuff.
One of the first things that I said to my South African daughter when she came was; "I do not iron so if you want to have ironed clothing, you must do it, or you must wear wrinkled clothing."  She wore a lot of wrinkled clothing, the year she lived with us. 
When I worked in the real world, I wore lab coats that did not need ironing or I wore suits with a jacket.   
I really feel that I should never be expected to do menial labor because I am an 80 year old intelligent lady!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment