Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

my 80th birthday

It has come to my attention that I am now 80 years old, that is an accomplishment that many do not achieve and I am very grateful to have reached that milestone in life.  I do feel better than I did 40 years ago. How does that happen?
I had a really big birthday dinner prepared by my family and many of my friends celebrated with me.  Because I could visit with these wonderful friends, that made me happy.  I just could not talk fast enough.  The Kansas City Royals are winning in October, the St. Louis Cardinals are winning in post season too and they are making me happy.  The beautiful weather is giving me great sunshine and wonderful breeze, the birds are singing and my animals are all free of disease, so what can be wrong in  my life. 
On my Facebook post, I related that I had contact from friends from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and on until new friends that I am making this week. At my birthday dinner I had people from church mission trips, people I met when working with John Hawkins, people from my class and the holistic wellness conference, people from organic gardening, people from my pet sitting, etc. etc.  We lead so many lives and we learn from each of them. 
I started distributing my newest book this week and hope it is enjoyed by many: The Reinvention of You and Me..

No comments:

Post a Comment