Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Free stress test

I promised to tell about Janet's arrival. Several years ago I spent the summer in Arizona caring for my son and daughter-in-laws horses, while they got it ready to rent again. While there, every night I watched Janet out my bedroom window because she was ready to give birth. She is not a fun horse, just an old wagon pulling horse, who has had her tail cropped and she has a mind of her own. When I cleaned her stall, I had to clean it all over, she never messed in the same place. After I came home I got a call asking if I wanted her and they sent her to me.
When Janet arrived she was placed in a little pasture behind my little house and did not seem real happy to be there. The next morning I saw her out there and went ahead and weeded my garden and took care of my animals. When it started getting hot I decided it was time to have my shower and get busy for the day. I had just removed my shoes and thought I had better check on my horse. I went out back and could not find her! There was a field behind mine and Janet had found a place to get out so I began to climb through the tall weeds, climb over and under barbed wire (I was still bare foot and was dressed in one of my patio dresses). I could not find her, then I got the idea to call the city police and see if they had seen her. They told me that an officer had called in an he had placed her in an encloser behind a church about a mile from the house. They ask if I was going to ride her home or would I be picking her up in a trailer. I said I did not have a trailer and I did not ride, I would walk down and get her. I was hot, sweaty and looked terrible, I did go get some shoes on, and I went to get her. I picked up some baling twine to lead her with. When the policeman saw me he looked shocked and did drive his car behind us as I led her down the street. I went to repair the barn and fence and thought to myself, I could have had a heart attack because I was really under a lot of stress. The headlines in the paper might read: "Elderly woman and horse missing, horse found but lady missing" no one would have found me until all the weeds died in the fall. I had a stress test without having to pay for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment