Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Health

I may be gone tomorrow but I want to say it would be sudden because I have not seen medical personnel, excepting a dentist 5 years ago, in more that 40 years, for my own health. It has saved the government because I have never used the medicare card I was "sold" 10 years ago.
I do listen to my own body and do not let some physician who does not know my body make decisions for me. I don't always eat right or exercise right but I know when my body needs a change and I make changes when I need them. I take lots of supplements because living alone most of the time makes it difficult for me to get all the right vitamins and minerals I need. I dealt with physicians for many years as a Registered Nurse and found that the ones I worked with rarely knew what was going on with the patient and did not ever listen to the people who did know the patient. They were glad to order the medications and usually I could tell by their orders which drug sales person had been to visit them. If you ask them what side effects we might look for they ignored you. Many years ago you could not sell medications unless you were a trained lic. pharmacist. That has changed! I hope physicians are getting better and I promote the idea of everyone interviewing a Dr. before you hire them for the most important job you offer. Today a friend of mine was explaining her medications and diet and I realized that her orthopedic and not talked to her medical practitioner. The diet her medical practitioner had suggested was exactly the opposite of what her bone disease needed. So much for my ranting

No comments:

Post a Comment