Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Retirement, What a Life?

It is not even 8 am and all the animals have been watered and fed, the dogs have had their meatballs, the horse and mini mule have had their apples, the goat has had his leaves the 2 hens and a rooster has had their feed and water, and the cats have had their treats. I have had my coffee out under the apple tree and all is well?? What a life this retirement is, 75 years old and cannot sleep in, as I had dreamed. Of course all my friends (what friends?) will come by to see me today, guess my real friends are the animals that surround me. I will have the pleasure of watching 2 baseball games on tv, my Cardinals play this afternoon and the Rangers and Royals play tonight. In order for you to actually be my friend you have to be very tolerant of animals and not many people want to do that. One daughter will be by today to bring two other dogs to take a little vacation with me while their families are out of town. Other than that it is me alone. But as Martha Stewart says: "that's a good thing".

No comments:

Post a Comment