Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 27, 2009

2nd chapter of my life

When I was a preschooler, we lived in a rural community in a rural county. Daddy had the country store, the post office, the gas pumps and did surveying for the county. Remember that this was in the thirties. Mom had four kids and I was number 2 so I spent a lot of time with my dad, when he was in the store I helped, when he was sorting and giving out the mail, I was there and I even helped him survey. Also helped mom make soap in the old iron pot outdoors. My older sister helped take care of the babies. Since this was depression time, no one had money so most of what dad sold was on credit, and much of it was never paid, but no one went hungry if my dad could help it.
I learned to milk the cow even before I went to school. When I was 6 Daddy decided to move away from the influence of Grandpa and live away from family. He built a little house near Mountain Home Arkansas and got a job as a concrete man on the Norfork Dam.
to be continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment