Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 21, 2009

"Working" people

Wonderful weather today and as soon as the heavy dew evaporates, I have to start mowing. Would love to have someone dependable to mow at least every 2 weeks but I have found it difficult to find people who like to work.
One of the most difficult things about being in the work world before I retired, was the fact that most of my employees liked to come to work only if the little voice in their head whispered,"It is a good day to show up for work." over the years I worked so many 24 hour shifts just because there are so many self-centered, lazy people in the world. I worked about 45 years and never failed to go to work, I missed work only when my children were born and that was planned ahead, so no one depended on me being at work.
I am so happy to be in a place in my life where I do not have to depend upon anyone but myself. My but I sound grim today, guess I had better go spend some time under the old apple tree with my animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment