Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My life story-first chapter


I am going to start today writing a little bit of my life story every day, I hope you find it informative.

I grew up on a "baling wire" farm, that is a farm where everything is held together with baling wire.I helped my dad tend the farm, milk the cows by hand, herd the sheep, fed the pigs and chickens, and bale the hay.

I attribute much of my wellness today to the fact that I worked outdoors in the sunshine and I ate the food we grew on the farm. When I went away to college then to Nursing School, I did not have a lot in common with my peers because of my farmwork background, but I had the strength to life heavy patients and I was never sick, even though I was 5 ft. tall and weighed a little over 100#.

Another thing I attribute to my rural upbringing is my very creative mind. We did not have toys so we created all our play from our imagination. The broom was a guitar, the windowsill a piano, etc., etc.

My older sister and I created huge stories that were always continued and we acted them out.

We read everything we could get our hands on, including Aunt Trixie's romance magazines and Daddy's true murder mysteries. One of the greatest days of the week was the day the "Grit"came, it was a magazine and besides all the info in it, it had a continued story. Our dad and grandpa taught us music and we sang gospel music everywhere we went.

to be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment