Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I am moving to a warm climate, as soon as I get rich!
It is really cold and the snow is hard to walk in to feed and water the live stock.
I was just listening to the news about a house fire, the neighbor made the comment that they did not even have a toothbrush. One of the nicest things that happened when my house burned was the Dawson's down the street was very quick to bring, toothbrushes, hair brushes, toothpaste, even a hair dryer so the girls would have a dryer to dry their hair the next morning. There were other necessities in the bag but I really remember how glad I was to get the toothbrush and toothpaste.
My old friend Grace Camp offered her house for us to stay in until I could get myself put together and my friends who owned a boutique, we visited often, brought the girls dresses to wear to the debate tournament that week end. The little things like the toothpaste and hair brush are remembered fondly. So when someone you know has a house fire, run to Walmart. It has been almost 30 years and I remember the little things that people did for us.
In writing the book about wellness, I write about doing nice deeds for others as a part of your wellness.
About 40 years ago, I attended a week-end seminar and the speaker I remember was a speaker (I do no remember his name) who related the "dipper and bucket" concept. Every time someone does something nice for someone it fills their bucket, not only does it fill the givers bucket but it also fills the receivers bucket and when we do or say anything unkind it dips out of the receivers bucket and also the one that did the unkind thing. He said that most of us are walking around with empty buckets waiting to be filled. I think of this speech so often. Why not fill some one's bucket today?

No comments:

Post a Comment