Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 2, 2010


In this picture, I am not as large as Lonna made me look but I wanted you to see; Sophia at my head and a lot of dogs, as I try to rest on the couch. I spent time yesterday watching baseball and all three of my teams won; Rangers, Cards and Royals. Between ballgames I did some gardening since it was not too rainy. I need my lawn mowed but my mower is broken and Doyle did not show up to work on my projects. I must say I already have small green tomatoes and of course the iris, weigela, honeysuckle and wisteria are all blooming. My garden has not been plowed yet because for the past 4 weeks, my "plower" just has not gotten around to it. So in pots and places I have dug with a shovel, I have: onions, tomatoes, corn beans, herbs and squash. I hate to invest in equipment, that is the reason I try to hire someone to do the plowing but it looks like I may have to purchase a tiller. At this time it appears that I have lots of apples and peaches on my old trees. I had the van side door open so I could load my cardboard, my granddaughter came for a few minutes and as she came in she closed my car door, several hours later I look out and Stormy the cat was clawing at the tire of the van, I look and on the drivers seat is Sophia; she had locked herself in. I had to work for about an hour and finally demolished my plastic window I had put on the back, crawled through all the cardboard and unlocked the door to get Sophia out. In her panic she had locked all the doors. Now I have to go build me another back window. The perils of living poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment