Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 29, 2009

stats and planning ahead

I have been feeling a little cynical this morning and wondering how the media people find all the stats they quote. If I take vitamin D, I cut my risk of cancer by 50%, my risk for heart disease 40%, etc., etc., etc. If I am overweight I am ?% more likely to die of heart disease. Do the funeral homes report on the weight of all their clients? I am really turned off when someone gives me a stat. I am much more likely to believe it if they tell me they had 10 mice and 5 of them died because they did not have a certain mineral or vitamin, and even then I question to be sure everything else was absolutely the same, same parents etc.
No sun today, windy and with the rain and wind we have lost the leaves. I need to get to town and buy some spring bulbs so I will have blooms next spring. The mums are great now and I appreciate the fact that I planted them a couple of summers ago. Must always plan ahead and that is so difficult in this would of instant gratification.
Reached a goal again, "no misspellings", how about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment