Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Gratitude Day Eight


As I listen to a CD, I am grateful for music, I am listening to a recording of The Divine Name, sounds of the God Code. Very interesting concept of sound and what it does for you healing of body and soul. It also seems to calm my dogs. As I put all the dirty towels etc. in the washing machine, I am thankful that someone was smart enough to develop the automatic washer. When I was growing up I remember when we got the first washer that had a motor, we still had to put each piece through the wringer after washing and again after going through the rinse cycle. Mom and Dad still had to put the water in by hand because we had no running water, just a spring and a well. Most of the washing water came from the rain barrels. It really helped but you still had to do a lot of work. Mom also boiled the really dirty white clothes in a large kettle on a fire out doors before placing them in the washer. It was the same kettle that we made out soap in a few times a year. I gave as the daily gift yesterday, some of my garden produce and also did some research of a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment