Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gratitude Day Eighteen

Today I will express gratitude for a wonderfully cool morning and my ability to mow my front yard. I am thankful for my breakfast, wonderful peaches from my peach tree. I will have to hurry and eat them, my livestock have even learned to shake the tree to get them to fall. Under the tree is a mountain of peach seeds, they just chew off the peach and leave the seed on the ground. I did not spray my tree with insecticides or fertilize it, it just grows and produces good little peaches with few worms or blemishes. My apples too, however they are tart but the animals like them and they are great to use in cooking. For a gift today, I gave away some of my peaches and apples. When I was a child, I made money picking peaches, hard work in the summer and my dad helped us, he finally got us moved up to the peach shed, grading peaches will he helped ring them (made the top of the basket look great). It was good work experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment