Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 9, 2010

Gratitude Day Twenty


Today I am really grateful for Public TV, yesterday during the fundraising the programs were so good, especially the one on the Buffalo River. I was born very near the Buffalo River and was a member of the organization, Dr. Comptom used as a vehicle to preserve the river. I was a member for a short time and learned how passionate Dr. Comptom and Sam Walton were about the beautiful river. Dr. Compton left such a legacy, the river and his gardens. His gardens are beautiful and are within walking distance of the square in Bentonville. I went to his home a few times and went on tours of the Buffalo river with him and his wife before his death. I am ordering the book on the history of the river for my grandson, hoping he might someday take a float down the river. I would float down the river is I were 66 instead of 76????? I have a love for the view of water but have a fright for the water itself. I have to cut this blog short, Janet, the horse is at the kitchen window telling me she needs me to shake the apple tree and I have to change Chloe's focus, that little black pug thinks all the other dogs have had enough food so she is standing at the kitchen door growling at anyone who wants to be near the food. As soon as I told Tater and Big Mac they had had enough she decided it was her mission to keep everyone away from the food. These animals have such wonderful personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment