Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 1, 2010


Had an encounter with horse and donkeys yesterday. A cop knocked on my door and said he had some stray animals that needed a pen and wondered if he could use my barn lot as a holding pen until he found the owner, It was a horse and 5 donkeys, they were on the highway but were glad to get into my hay. The horse thought Janet looked good so started to make friends and Janet was afraid he was going to hurt her mini mule and Jesse the pygmy goat so she was very unhappy. After a lot of chasing in the snow I got my animals into the back yard and let the strays eat and enjoy themselves. My friend Doyle found the owners and he came to get them after a few hours. When I put the livestock in the back yard it was very exciting for Jack, who had never really seen the animals and the two big dogs, Cowboy and Dude who were shocked to see them at last.

It was an exciting morning and everything is back to "normal". I am still feeding my beautiful birds and I needed lots of Qigong and stretching yesterday after my morning ordeal of chasing horses, donkeys, goats and mules in the ice and snow. I think I am getting too old to do that plus have snowball fights with the dogs. Cowboy and Jack just love chasing snowballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment