Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Duke and Cowboy, the big boys

Don't think Cowboy and Duke's mom and dad had much luck getting a job yesterday. They need employment counselling because I can imagine, after speaking to them a short while, how good they are in an interview. She is in her 50's and has no teeth and he smells heavily of smoke. When I used to hire people, I am not sure I would have hired them, I would like to have told him that with the smoking, he has a lot less chance of getting a job, and that he could have a place to stay for the money he spends on cigarettes. Another thing that should be done for these shelter people is; they need a throw away phone, how can an employer call them if they have no phone or even an address. Why wouldn't it make sense for the cell phone companies to come up with a donation? We donate phones for the women's abuse shelter, how about desperate people wanting a job? The big boys found my bed yesterday and liked it a lot, spent a lot of their day on it, have to change bedding every night now. They do seem happy. I told their dad that I needed a handy man and could not pay for one so after he gets his job, he must pay me back by fixing my chicken coop, fixing the fence around my garden, etc. guess I have been burned too many times so do not have a lot of faith in that idea. He does not have any idea how much pet sitting costs, I am sure. At least Cowboy and Duke have a warm place to sleep and good meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment