Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankfulness

I am overwhelmed with my space today but thankful that I have a house and a bed. Yesterday I got a call from "Helping Hands" employee asking me to help a couple who was there looking for help. They had two large dogs, were living in their small car and could not go to the shelter with the dogs, could I keep the dogs until they found work? Of course I said, "yes", but my house is small and I am already full of small dogs and cats, these two dogs are huge, a mastiff mix and a sharpei mix, both are sweet but they fill the room. On a brighter side, I can't clean house because I can hardly move about and I have an excuse for doing things I can do sitting in my chair. The mom and dad are both looking for minimum wage jobs because they had lost their jobs in Kansas City and someone here promised them jobs if they came here, they got here and no jobs! I ask about their skills, handy man and restaurant work, I gave them a list of restaurants in Bentonville and Nursing Homes, looked like good folks that would be happy with almost anything.
Have continued to work on my book and having prayer and meditation for people who are so in need, healthwise and just plain living day to day.
No sun today so it is a good for us all to find someone we can do something nice for and make their lives more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment