Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mema is just rambling today.......


The weather is downright uncomfortable, cold rain this morning, maybe it will not be long now until we get so good weather.
Got another call yesterday; 2 more doxies need a new home, I told her that if she absolutely could not find a home, I always have room for doxies. Wish breeders would just stop for a while until there is a real need for new dogs and I wish people who want dogs would find a "used dog".
I hope someone gets to the dairy soon, I don't have any more raw milk and I am addicted: need a little in my coffee.
None of the dogs enjoyed doing their business in the rain this morning and the goats do not want to come out of the barn at all. All 4 cats are inside this morning but there was one on the deck to eat, guess I found another cat; maybe she just found me. This is the 3rd morning she has been here to eat breakfast. I think the cats and dogs must be placing Hobo signs out in my front yard, telling all strays that this is a soft spot to land. When I was growing up in the depression, our home was a soft spot for the hobos and I enjoyed hearing all their interesting stories; just early reality "TV" and much more interesting that most of today's reality TV.
I think I had better start a non for profit and become the director, I attended a meeting via phone of an organization and the budget calls for a $60,000 salary, I have been running a rescue with no funding and not salary; what does that say about me; pretty stupid! One reason I like the show, Secret Millionaire is meeting all those people who dedicate their lives to helping the needy without a big salary. Makes me a bit disappointed in people when I see the greed of a large salary for running a foundation. That is my soap box for the day or maybe not, I will probably have a couple more soap box lectures later on today. I had better hush before I really get started.......

No comments:

Post a Comment