Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Time management

The air is very moist this morning, chickens and goats do not like moisture in the air so they wanted to stay in the barn this morning. My little pygmy goats are very allergic to water; or so they think. The dogs and cats have had their run, the farm animals have full tummies, the washer is going and I will have to dry my clothes indoors today and use electricity. The little spots of grass are greener every day so spring is happening weather permitting.
This is the last week of regular time and daylight savings time starts on the week end; don't understand the concept, daylight is made by God and has nothing to do with the clock. My animals know that the clock has nothing to do with getting up time anyway so they will just go by their body clocks as I will also. I did not accomplish anything yesterday but talk on the phone, send e-mails and love the animals, today I plan to do my list and make better use of my time. When I was an industrial nurse, many years ago, the factory was union and everyone went through time trials frequently to see what they were to be paid per hour. I always felt so sorry for them because I would have made a very wage; I would not have done well being timed on what I could accomplish in a set time period. I am grateful that I never had to do "factory work' and I admire the people who do. When I was supervising day care programs, we took the kids on a field trip to the chicken plant; came back and discussed it, the boys all wanted to be the person who cut off the chicken heads. I am certain that they changed their minds later because the ones I know now became very successful business people. So much for the memories now I have to start on my "list" and get something accomplished or I might get fired!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment