Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Naming the Triplet Pygmy goats.....


I have new additions to my family, my little pygmy goat had triplets yesterday and they are so cute. I may have to supplement their milk but since they are still alive this morning, I think they must be healthy. She is a great little mom and the other barnyard animals seem to accept them as part of the family. Soon after their birth I brought all the other animals to the back yard for a few hours so she and her family could be alone with the chickens and I thought it might make her life a bit easier. Lonna, Molly and Penny all came out to see them yesterday evening and at Lonna's choir practice they decided that I should name them: John, Jacob, JingleHimerSmith, but I think I will go with John, Jacob and Jimmie; I think it is too males and a female. I need to plan an "open barn" and show them off.
Monroe and Quincy went home last eve and the house seems a little emptier. Windy and a bit cloudy this morning but warm enough to turn off all the heat and have the front door open, hoping the sun will shine after while. Lots of work to catch up on today so must get busy.......

No comments:

Post a Comment