Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trip to the Dairy for raw milk..


I just read on facebook about some one's house burning, brings back memories of 1982, same time of the year when my house burned. All 12 rooms full of what some people would call junk, to me it was treasure, and one of my dogs. A really bad, bad experience. The phone call while I was at work and the kids were at school. Even after all these years, 29, I miss many of the things that were burned. That is also when I learned that insurance companies are greedy and dishonest.

Dixie and Xena went home yesterday evening so back to just 12 dogs, 4 cats, 4 goats, an old mare and a mini mule. We are a happy lot. I did a lot of reading yesterday in books and online about the Gerson Thearpy and of course that lead to more research and more research.......

The snow is melting and that makes me happy but I now have lots of mud to deal with. On their way home yesterday Jill and Lonna took a detour and went to the "Milk House" and got some raw milk for me, I love it! So I have real cream in my coffee this morning. They also got a little cheese, no eggs available, but it was a worthwhile trip. If you live in Southwest Missouri, Northwest Arkansas or Eastern Oklahoma, you need to go to this little country coop, Loman Dairy, Wyandotte, Oklahama. It was the first time that Jill had been there and she loved it and was disappointed that there were no organic free range chicken eggs.

A man came by and asked if I would sell him my goats, no way, I think he eats them or sells them for food, my goats would not taste good. J-lola is about ready to have her little kid, it is kinda bad timing but they have plenty of nice hay in the barn, about 2 foot of it is on the barn floor for sleeping. Her last baby, Junebug, was a really good little kid and I really did not want Trevor to sell him but I guess this one will be mine, all mine.

The dogs a begging to be combed so I had better quit rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment