Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 31, 2011

Skunk eating with my goats

A skunk in my barn lot! There was a skunk eating with my goats this morning, I went out and tried to frighten him with rocks but no go so got a long piece of metal bar and hit him, now the area smells BAD. All the farm animals and Domino the Border Collie looked as me as if I were hurting their friend. My animals have no prejudices, they accept all species alike, cats, dogs, goats, horses and mini mules all get along well and now a skunk too, he is probably the one who beheaded my little hen. He is back out there running about but looks like I may have given him a concussion. He is cute.
Finished my roosting coop for the new hens I am getting so it is skunk proof. According to the weather man we have an ice storm coming, I still do not have my wood stove, too expensive to have someone install it, about 70 years ago I helped my dad put one in the house but I don't have those skills or strength any more. It had an oven in the middle of the stove pipe about shoulder high and when mom put her biscuits in it in the morning they were baked in about 5 minutes, faster than in the wood stove in the kitchen. When I get rich.................
Spoke with my grand son and grand daughter on the phone yesterday and really enjoyed our conversations. I also did more research on the Gerson Miracle and am really impressed, I would like to go to one of their training sessions but again, when I get rich..........

No comments:

Post a Comment