Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Freshman Orientation for the Doxies


New doxies are adjusting well but still are uncomfortable using the doggie door, it could be because they are afraid Nellie, the cat, is on the other side to hiss at them. She is declawed so can't hut them but they do not know for certain that she would not. They of course started sleeping with the rest of us; I have to find a larger bed, I think. I am finding out their little quirks; Daffodil, (daffy) wants to climb on tables, the one by the bed and the one I have my nest on near the couch. The other dogs look at her as if to say, "what do you mean, disturbing Mema's nests?" She was also tangled up in my crochet yarn, I am working on a laptop bag. They are great fun to watch exploring the back yard and getting to know the other dogs.

I worked on lesson plans yesterday and have run out of paper for the printer because I am a big one for handouts. In the olden days I used the mimeograph machine with all that terrible ink. I never learned how not to get the ink all over me and it did not wash off easily. I really appreciate my computer and my printer; very neat and clean, wonder what is coming next. I relistened to some webinars and explored the Juicy Plus information. Today I am also grateful for the warmer day and the birds singing everywhere.

My spell check does not recognize "doxies" as a real word, imagine that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment