Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Burrrrrr....Very cold, heavy snow, wind etc.......


I have been out in this terrible weather trying to make my barn animals comfortable. I got 6 little red hens yesterday (I already have 3 brown eggs) and had to get their roosting house more weather friendly. It is blowing snow, 18 degrees and already have 5 or 6 inches on the ground. The birds are crowding at the feeders and the snow is coming down too fast to keep the feeders that are not covered uncovered of snow. I spoke with Barky's parents; grounded in Florida, wouldn't that be nice. Wish i could be in Florida or Arizona. I have to stay here because my animals would miss me. I gave fresh bones to the dogs, extra treats to the cats and tried to get the barn better for the outdoor animals since it is supposed to go below 0 degrees I hope they all survive. I am trying to get my hands warm with my coffee mug and get my toes warmed up after being out so long. I have clothes in the washer and dryer to keep the water lines moving and have all the electric heaters turned on. A truck just went bye, the first one since about 7 am, 5 hours ago. It had chains on the tires.

I think I will upload book number 4 today and start number 5; I have to write because it is an addiction. I am thinking of new ideas for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment