Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another day down on the farm


The hose thawed out for a short time yesterday so I could fill all the containers for the livestock to drink from, I was so happy I could quit carrying water to them via bucket. I am so grateful for that thawing. I gave away a dozen of my eggs to each of my neighbors since my hens have eaten the bugs from their yards when they are free rangeing.

I am listening to a new webinar with David Wolfe this morning, he is talking about adrenal fatigue, etc. He is recommending beets and gogi berries for helping the adrenal glands etc.

The dogs and cats are tolerating each other, with all 4 cats in the house, all in different rooms it becomes a chore just to get them all fed, no one eats out of the same bowl. All but one go outdoors for elimination so I am very grateful for that little bit of help. I need to purchase more cat food as I did not get out to do that yesterday, it is an emergency today because I opened the last can today. I can see it now; a cat riot, could be messy! The dogs would enjoy it.

I have to spend some time outdoors to find the spot my hens are getting out of the barn lot to range. I am afraid they will end up as someone's Christmas Dinner. Jackie, Jimmie and Janie all three are nice and fat, the rooster, Jim does not attempt to get out, I guess he is smart and knows he could end up in a dinner pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment